Tour Operations Coordinator
We are a receptive tour operator located in Torrance, CA looking for a candidate who enjoys working in the Tour & Travel industry to join our operation team. Work will be in a fast paced, self motivated environment, one which will require the ability to balance multiple tasks, and process information in a timely manner.
- Work with clients from Asia and Latin America to coordinate all aspects of tour and travel operations (Hotels, Transportation, Tour guides, Restaurants, Attractions and Sightseeing)
- Provide price quotes to clients and close the sale
- Replying to emails in a timely manner
- Coordinate with suppliers including RFP and negotiate rates
- Process reservations and confirmations
- Research and create customized itineraries
- Monitor tours and resolve problems and emergencies
- When necessary:
– Standby and provide support after standard work hours, including night time and weekends
– Travel outside of office to meet client or greet guests at hotel or airport
– Travel out of town to be onsite program coordinator
- Understanding of basic US geography
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with MS Excel and the ability to make simple formulas.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent office & organizational skills.
- Effective time management.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines with accuracy and confidence.
- Bilingual ability is a plus: English + Portuguese/Spanish/Japanese/Mandarin/Cantonese.
Compensation: DOE + 401K + Health + Benefits
Employment type: full-time
To Apply, please email your resume to Jenny firstname.lastname@example.org and specify in the e-mail subject: Applying for TPI Tour Operations Coordinator